Software for jetsprint

Discussion in 'Software' started by srkowsari, May 4, 2010.

1. srkowsari

srkowsari Junior Member

Hi everybody.
    I want to design a jetsprint boat and it's my first time. I'm not familiar to boat designing software so I searched and found this forum and read "Best Marine Design Software for Hull Modeling?"
    and now my questions:

1-can I import and export my hull model from one software to another software? for example from rhino to freeship or maxsurf?
    2-do I realy need 2 or 3 software or 1 is enough?
    3-can rhino calculate some parameter like displacement,lwl and so on?

2. zeroname

zeroname Naval Architect

1. yes you can.

2. It depends what you want to do. If you want to work on every part of ship design like design, lines,stability,resistance,propeller,shaft etc then you will need to access multiple software.For Basic design 1 or 2 is enough.

3.To do such calculations in Rhino, you need to use a plugin , Rhinomarine or Orca3d.In general, orca3d is the newer and extended version of Rhinomarine.So, Better use Orca3d. you can download 15 days trial from here
    www.orca3d.com

3. srkowsari

srkowsari Junior Member

Thanks in advance
    anyway, does anybody know the procedure of designing a jet boat hull?
    I found 2 books, first:How to design a boat by John teale and the other: Principles of Yacht Design by Lars Larsson. but my hull model is completely different.
    I would appreciate it if someone help me

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.