1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

Tension fabric building

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Steve W, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Steve W

Steve W Senior Member

Im looking for a reasonably priced, used tension fabric hoop type building, the type you see in marina yards used by various contractors as spray booths etc. I was hoping someone here might have a lead. Would like to find one 30 to 40ft wide by 50 to 80ft long. One manufacturer is Big Top and they used to list used ones on their website but they changed it and don't show any on their new site.

Steve.

2. UNCIVILIZED

UNCIVILIZED DIY Junkyard MadScientist

I'd be curious about these as well. Dare I ask if anyone knows how they're rated both for; wind, as well as snow?

Thanks

3. Steve W

Steve W Senior Member

No one know of any? I did find a 30 x 50 one available for under 5k in Florida on the Big Top site but it needed to be taken down and, living in Minnesota the logistics made it not a good deal for me, too bad as it was pretty much exactly what im after.
    UC, they will stand up to a lot of wind and snow, our local municipality uses a large one for salt storage and last winters snow didn't phase it one bit, it is open on one end too .

Steve.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.