Small trimarans under 20'

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by Doug Lord, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Cholsson

Cholsson Junior Member

I will keep that in mind next time I design a trimaran. In fact, I though a small small bit on it... but then, what the hell :)
    Seen bigger trimarans with smarter set-up for main sheet and track

2. upchurchmr

upchurchmr Senior Member

That's not very helpful.
    You could extend your boom and use a straight track, or move the curved track back over the rear beam.

I would have suggested moving the whole rig/ front beam back if you were just starting. I never could decide what the benefit was from having the rig forward.

Just noticed how fine the front of the hull is. It wouldn't have been my initial assumption, based on having sailed an old style Tornado and being concerned about submarining the bow. Both main hull (downwind) and outrigger (beam reach).

Cholsson likes this.
  3. Gary Baigent

Gary Baigent Senior Member

After beam is fine in its position, makes a less flexible platform - but the easiest and simplest solution to reduce leech fall off is to extend your boom - and spread the main sheeting tackle - otherwise you'll bend/break boom if using single point main sheet position which is too far aft.

4. Corley

Corley epoxy coated

You could use a barber hauler that attaches to the outside of the rear beam to help adjust sail shape. It is a bit unwieldy though.

5. Vantage475T

Vantage475T Vantage475T

Cholsson likes this.

6. Baronvonrort

Baronvonrort Junior Member

I have a Bethwaite HSP fun to sail packs up into small package can transport on roof racks fits in a single garage beside car.

It's designed to sail on mainhull the floats are really training wheels you keep them out of the water to go fast.

HSP6.JPG

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.