Gemini Catamaran, new builds?

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by willy13, Sep 12, 2023.

1. willy13

willy13 Junior Member

Are Gemini Catamarans still in production? I heard that they closed down during COVID and never started production back up. Looking for a confirmation...

Thanks,
    William

2. bajansailor

bajansailor Marine Surveyor

3. willy13

willy13 Junior Member

I am 99% sure they have stopped production, as I found out because I asked a dealer what the wait time was on a new build. Just hard for me to believe...

4. comfisherman

comfisherman Senior Member

Looked back at the 3 years of my work receipts for projects I did or managed for others. The availability of resin/core was wild as was price variation. Lead times on marine gears, engines let alone electronics. Never mine what the price per hr for a skilled tradesman....

I have a lot of sympathy for an outfit that packed it in and threw up their hands. Even the best call it quits eventually.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.