ISO standard,Small Recreational Craft

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by micael, Apr 19, 2002.

1. micael

micael Junior Member

HI !

I trying to find the ISO standard 14509 for CE marking of Small Recreational Craft.

Dose anyone have a good link where I can find it online?

BR
    Micke

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I would also like to know if there is a web site online where you can view ISO standards for free.

At http://www.iso.ch you can purchase them individually (quick find under Standards Search), but they're pricey if you want to view them as a student not as a big company.

I think you can also get them from ABYC www.abycinc.org but again they're not free or low cost :(

3. micael

micael Junior Member

Thank's !
    I'm also interested to see this kind of site
    Br
    Micke

4. Wavewacker

Wavewacker Senior Member

Yes I know it's an old thread, but not too long....Don't know how I eded up here, but what is the significance of the ISO to a home built boat? Say a 24 foot or a 20 foot catamaran, what if you use plans but make some changes, like adding a few feet to the stern, or add a deck or cabin. Is this primarily for inusrance? If you get in the ICW, does the coast guard stop you? What are the compliance issues? I've been to the ISO site, but didn't see much. Thanks!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.