Stringers / Deck / Coosa BW26

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Harnesscreek, Oct 12, 2005.

1. Harnesscreek

Harnesscreek New Member

I've be reading this forum and gotten a great education about rebuilding a C-Hawk 21. Thanks.

I was prepared to use marine ply epoxied together as the stringers and bulkheads then continue w. marine ply or MDO epoxied again as the deck. Recently discovered the Coosa Bluewater 26 product, though more expensive than marine ply, it seems one would save quite a bit of time, no impregnating all the wood w. epoxy. Just tab in the stringers epoxy the deck.

Epoxy would go from 5-6 gallons down to 1 or 2.

Has anyone used this product?

I'm not an engineer, is there something I'm missing?

Thanks,

2. gasdok007

gasdok007 Junior Member

ccosa

Ive only fooled around with this product a little- made a transom tansducer mount for an aluminum hull about 6 mos ago-still seems in good shape, but I sealed it in epoxy.Supposedly has little water absorbtion. I think hydra sports uses it as their deck material uncoated on the bottom. I tend to overkill, but I would probably seal this stuff against bilge water, but it almost certainly will take less epoxy than ply. Also its got alot of glass in it so be prpared to itch and go thru alot of blades or use some sort of diamond wheel to cut it.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.