Another Controllable Pitch Prop - a PNP Duerr Coaster

Discussion in 'Props' started by pdwiley, Aug 26, 2016.

1. pdwiley

pdwiley Senior Member

Picked up one of these the other day. With manual.

No pix to upload as yet, just wondering if anyone out there has one of these and an exploded assembly diagram of the prop, as this one won't rotate.

The unit was produced by PNP Duerr of Burnham-on-Crouch, Essex, UK. Looks like an interesting design in a few variants.

I have no immediate plans for this unit, picked it up as a curiosity item really, but it might get put back into service one day. I did get the sales brochure and manual with it, in case someone else needs some information.

Still looking for the g/box and controllable pitch prop setup off of a Sabb 30HP engine, or parts thereof. I have a pretty good 18HP Sabb complete but it's a bit small for a project I have in mind.

PDW

2. Jozee

Jozee New Member

I have a PNP Duerr prop system. At the moment it is dismantled and undergoing an overhaul. If you're still needing help, I've some years experience, a manual full of notes!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.