Small flatsboat

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by jmhc, Feb 15, 2006.

1. jmhc

jmhc New Member

I am new to the forum and have found it quite useful. I have been searching the net trying to find plans for a small lightweight skiff that would be well powered with a 10hp motor, have the ability for a steering wheel and remote throttle control (a mini console) with a stable casting deck for fishing. Ideally the boat would have a modest V for a reasonable ride in light freshwater chop. perhaps this is not possible but wanted to see if there is anything out there that comes close.

2. Chris Ostlind

Chris Ostlind Previous Member

Flats Boats

If you don't mind the rather direct presentation, I have a couple of boats in my portfolio that may be of interest to you.

I have done a 14' flats fishing skiff with a nice vee hull, a center console and a casting platform.

The other boat is a vee bottomed Jonboat at 15'9" with a casting platform and the capability to add the center console if you wish.

Either one would be more than suitable for what you indicate.

You can reach me at: Chris at wedgesail dot com

Chris Ostlind

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.