1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

Small Fiberglass shop looking for Chopper gun

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Guy G, Dec 4, 2005.

1. Guy G

Guy G Junior Member

Anyone trying to sell an external mix chopper gun please contact me at f3m3@yahoo.com I started a small glass shop and need a chopper gun. New project coming up and need to get in the production phaze. Money is limited! So if you have or know of any chopper guns at a inexpensive price please let me know. I don't have a problem traveling to go pick it up. I'm located in Tennessee.

2. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Guest

used/rebuilt

Try Ian Cargill at 727-577-5508...

3. Guy G

Guy G Junior Member

Thanks

Thank you for the lead, I'll be calling tomarrow. I really need to get one! Working by hand lay-up is just not fast enough.:D

4. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Guest

chopper gun

A friend who is the General Manager of a boat company down here gave me this lead; let me know how it goes....

5. Guy G

Guy G Junior Member

Hey Doug, I called that number and spoke to someone but the person who was to call me back never did as of today. Hopefully he may. Thanks again. I had another guy contact me and I'm still keeping my options open looking for the best deal and quality. I'll let you know what happens and if I find a good lead I'll let you know! Have a good one!

6. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Guest

Oh well...

Doesn't sound too promising--good luck.

7. Guy G

Guy G Junior Member

Thanks! LOL . I got a lead on a guy in New York and it's going to be a long drive if I have to go there to look at it. But I won't complain. I just want one that will work out for my shop. He said the pump may need to be repaired. I'll take a look at it and see. He said he has another that is in good shape and a gel gun. So I'm hoping something will come of this. I'll let you know what happens!

8. Guy G

Guy G Junior Member

I'm sick of hand lamination!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. SamSam

SamSam Senior Member

LOL! Keep in mind that using and maintaining a chopper gun is no pastoral activity, either. Basically, fiberglass sucks. Good luck. Sam

10. Guy G

Guy G Junior Member

Thanks Sam,lol. I have been using chopper guns for over 15 years. I hate the itching but oh well. I love the things I can build. Fiberglass is only limited to the mind. I like to do projects that challenge my mind in how many moulds it will take to produce the part I want. I love multi part moulds. I am Thankful for this site and the people in it. Most people are ignorant in what it is we can build with fiberglass, to bad for them, but, thats good for us! Have a good one Sam!

11. Geppetto

Geppetto New Member

I've got a Magnum Venus system for sale. It was originally bought in a resin transfer molding configuration but is too big for our use. I understand a spray head/chopper gun attachment is all that is needed to convert it. Let me know if your interested, will send pics, more info, will wood crate it for shippment.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.