Jon boat with jet-ski motor

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Squidly-Diddly, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Squidly-Diddly

Squidly-Diddly Senior Member

2. Sean Duval

Sean Duval Junior Member

I hope this one isn't too old to respond to...

The link didn't work for me, however it was a contemplated project at one point for me. Had a spare bombardier 787 powered ski and a 12ft aluminum jon boat. I seriously considered it...researched it...watched YouTube's of the conversions....considered it some more. I had the needed materials and the skill and equipment....and a desire.

Decided against it sold the jetskis... kept the job boat with an 83 johnnyrude 15 on it and never looked back.

I didn't feel like trying to take weeds out of the intake grating...and the performance looked possibly exciting at 1st...it would have required a vee to be added to bottom so that it didn't suck air as it went, fuel costs would have been higher...more maintenance. Just wasn't gonna be able to take me in the weedy backwaters chasing bass like I wanted. So it never happened.

If it fits your needs try it out.
    If fishing doesn't work you could rig the jet as a power source for an eductor style pump and use it as a dredge pump for gold prospecting on the river.

Weeds on jet skis not usually an issue cause most folks don't ski in weedy areas....I think.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.