ice skier

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by skyrunner06, Mar 28, 2007.

1. skyrunner06

skyrunner06 sailor all around boatist

i was looking at these ice flyers www.iceflyer.com and i was thinking if you could build one so that it floated with a person on it with foam or something and replaced the runners with skis(i ski alot and have 6 lying around) and still had everything normal except the skis and you tok it on a a big lake then it would get going and the skis would plane and the boat would plane across the water at speed they have gotten them to around 70mph on land and ice so if it could go that fast on water that would be a new record right

thoughts ??? and if anyone knows if someone has done it before or if someone make them

2. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

they are trying to do it now ,,,,with foils ,,,,,small sometimes not so small boats with a wing on the keel ,,,,,,,,,,,its those damn mad men on the water,,,,,longliner

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.