Small Boats for Large Folks

Discussion in 'Motorsailers' started by timgoz, May 17, 2007.

1. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

for kae, read make!!, its not me but my chinese keyboard!! really Honest injun!

2. timgoz

timgoz Senior Member

Bears to. Very large blacks where I was at. Counted 16 within 1/2 mile of my (solo) shore camp. Ther were coastal grizzlys' right across Sumner Straight, a distance of 7nm or so. Did all the proper precautions & then some. They never came into my camp & the extent of my involvement with them was to kill the motor a paddle close enough to try for some photos.

I did sleep with a large caliber rifle close to hand though. Black Bears are more likely to consider you a food item than Grizzlies are.

Right now I am taking care of my mom in southwestern Pennsylvania. I live on the last foothill at the western edge of the Appalachian Mountains. Lake Eire is approx. 100 miles North, the Chesapeake Bay 150 to the East, and Pittsburghs' big three rivers 45 miles to the West.

We are the only state with navigable waterways to the Great Lakes, Atlantic Ocean, and Gulf of Mexico (via the rivers). Probably why we are called the "Keystone State" as we tie it all together.

A boat like I envision would work in all three types of water, in case AK does not work out.

Tim

3. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

uh, I can track, but I do not have sperience of bears, snakes, birds, deer, pigs, bout it looking after mum too for a month 87, Did you read that stuff abt thet kid who went into Alaska to live off the land, died in a an old bus that was dumped there, starvation, lasted awhile though, real Mill Boon stuff

4. timgoz

timgoz Senior Member

Can't say I read that. Alot of people go "missin" up there.

Time for me to hit the sack as its getting eleven pm.

Thanks for the web link. Kasten has alot of good info on alloy also.

Tim

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.