small boat stability

Discussion in 'Stability' started by archeryrob, Dec 10, 2008.

1. rwatson

rwatson Senior Member

No - glass over wood and rocks is not good with rocks etc - DYNEL is much much much stronger. Buy half a metres and do a test panel with Glass V Dynel. The diffference is apparent just by seeing the difference in the cloth beofire applying epoxy.

2. robherc

robherc Designer/Hobbyist

I have to agree here, Rob (nice name, by the way)...dynel is a FAR cry from glass. It doesn't give you the reinforcing strength, or stiffness, of fiberglass, and will require a little more care in applying, but it was purpose-made to resist abrasion (i.e. accidental encounters with rocks/shells)
    Here's a URL to a site that has a decent writeup on their imitation Dynel cloth, I don't make any recommendations for who to buy from, but he info is useful ;)
    http://www.jamestowndistributors.co...yName=Dynel&categoryId=625&refine=1&page=GRID

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.