The build begins

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Manie B, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

:) South Africa. I am finally starting to build my prototype stich and glue river cruiser. I will post pics as I get along. A BIG THANK YOU to this site for the inspiration and wealth of information without which building would be more difficult.

Wynand good luck with your build I think it is FANTASTIC that you have been able to get this far - GO MAN GO !!! :D

Attached Files:

2. lewisboats

lewisboats Obsessed Member

Don't get me wrong...I am one of the greatest fans of Stitch and Glue but this looks like it would go together quicker and easier with chine logs, butt blocks and a bit of epoxy for sealing edges and gluing.

Steve

3. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Thanks Steve for the interest. :) I really enjoyed your site - very informative with lots of great fotos. It is fantastic to see you with your little outboard :D great fun! I will see how I get along - you have a point there.:confused:

4. Wynand N

Wynand N Retired Steelboatbuilder

Dankie Manie, I will keep all posted with the progress as soon as I started. My clients arrives this coming Sunday to tie up all loose ends and get the project rolling....:cool:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.