Small Aluminium boat

Discussion in 'Metal Boat Building' started by vishnubaiju, May 24, 2006.

1. vishnubaiju

vishnubaiju Junior Member

See this 5.1m Aluminium catamaran hull for reservoirs.
    Length = 5.1m
    Breadtrh =1.10
    Depth =0.5m
    OBM Power = 2.0 h.p

All welded craft. Contains 4.7% Magnesium.
    I am palnning to increase the breadth of this craft, and length a bit to suit the form.
    All comments are welcome

Attached Files:

2. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

Is the aluminum hull in the photos designed as one-half of a cat? Or is it meant as a really slim monohull? 5:1 length/beam is rather slim for a mono this size, but pretty fat for a cat. Are you planning to split it down the middle to widen it?

3. vishnubaiju

vishnubaiju Junior Member

Monohull

Thank you for your interest.
    There was some difficulty in getting a keel section at center. And welding very close may create trouble.So I wanted to fabricate keel from plates. The hull was made like a slim cat. But it is very sensitive -- rolls. It was difficlult to weld a bilgr keel also.
    I am planning to widen at center and provide some more volume at sides also. The final breadth would be 1.8- 1.9m

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.