SNAME Power Boat Symposium, 14 October 2024, Norfolk, Virginia

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by DCockey, Jan 14, 2024.

1. DCockey

DCockey Senior Member

After a gap of eight years, another SNAME Powerboat Symposium is planned for 14 October 2024 in Norfolk, Virginia.
    SNAME POWER BOAT SYMPOSIUM 2024 | SNAME https://www.sname.org/sname-power-boat-symposium-2024
    From the website:
    Topics to be covered in up to 16 technical papers, in two sessions, to be scheduled during the Symposium are expected to include the following:
    • Advancements in composite structure design/materials
    • Advancements in manufacturing of small craft
    • Validation of hydrodynamic studies with computational tools
    • Small craft dynamics & maneuvering
    • Developments in appendage design and analysis
    • New approaches to small craft stability rules
    • Challenges/gaps in current rule sets and regulatory requirements and potential solutions
    • Hybrid & Electric power for small craft
    • Novel small craft design elements
    • Testing/case studies and data artifacts
    Platform design for autonomy Presentations are being solicited with abstracts due by March 15.

I attended several of the previous symposiums and found the presentations to be interesting and informative. The audience is naval architects, engineers and similar.

2. Alik

Alik Senior Member

I did presentations at 2010, 2012, 2014 events and my co-author presented our joint paper in 2016. Worth going.
    Unfortunately not for me this time ;)

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.