Skiff Jet Drive

Discussion in 'Jet Drives' started by sportfisher88, May 14, 2007.

1. sportfisher88

sportfisher88 New Member

I want to build a 15' fishing skiff with an inboard under deck jet drive, but I do not know what 'jet drive' includes or means - do jet drives come with a transmission or steering cables/hydraulics and reverse mechanism? Or is the actual jet drive the "transmission" that you would need to mate with a motor? Can anyone recommend a "package" ie. motor, drive, steering etc. that i can buy - - it doesn't need to be so powerful - say 100-150 hp, if that - I was originally thinking I could pilfer a sea-doo or jet ski system from the bargain finder or something. Is this the simplest thing to do? My experience is only with the woodworking, not with the propulsion - is there someone that is a pro at the propulsion?

thanks so much!

2. azs

azs Junior Member

You NEED a mercury sportjet 240hp. Get you to the fishing spots faster than the other boats;) :D :D

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.