I need Plans for the Didi 34

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by daizda, Jul 11, 2007.

1. daizda

daizda Junior Member

Hello,does enybody has plans for the Didi 34 in CAD format??
    Please, if you do send them to desdeelagua@gmail.com
    Thank you very much!

2. Crag Cay

Crag Cay Senior Member

3. daizda

daizda Junior Member

Yes, they are, but before buying them i wanted to know if any of you have them, to be sure I´m not wasting my money!
    Thank you Crag!again

4. timgoz

timgoz Senior Member

Doubt if anyone will send them, as that would be dishonest. The designer is entitled to his just compensation.

He probably has study plans available at a reasonable cost. These would give you a good idea of what you would be getting into.

Take care.

Tim

5. Wynand N

Wynand N Retired Steelboatbuilder

If you cannot afford to buy some study prints, let alone plans, from the designer, surely you cannot afford to build such a boat....:(

6. Trevlyns

Trevlyns Senior Citizen/Member

I have to agree with Tim and Wynand. The designer is worthy of his fee. Besides, Dudley is a designer of repute (Westlawn trained, if I remember correctly) and has been around for quite a while. He not only designs, but sails extensively too so he knows what’s on. He wouldn’t still be in the business if he was wasting people’s money.
    Pay the fee and get a good design! ;)

7. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

I think he is just asking if (you experts) have any expiriance with these prints,,,,,its like did you buy a new mustang? how does it run ,,type question,,,,dont think he is trying to cut anyone out of the equasion,,,longliner

8. Raggi_Thor

Raggi_Thor Nav.arch/Designer/Builder

I think your first question (please send them..) is inappropriate.
    To this other question I can say, I have the study plans and the dxfs for cnc cutting. Plans from Dudley Dix is never a waste of money. The boats are excellent and the drawings are detailed and well worked through. Dudley will also answer all your questions during the building.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.