Bd.net blocked, help please!

Discussion in 'Forum Questions and Suggestions' started by apex1, Sep 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apex1

apex1 Guest

Hey Peers,

being in Southern turkey again, I encounter a problem now for the second time.

I have no access to bd.net! Using the same wlan access point in the marina, I used at noon, I could not log in here in the afternoon and still cannot.
    I am using v- tunnels now, but that is slow and inconvenient.

I have easy access to the rest of civilisation, except u tube of course, which is amongst others) banned by this terror regime.

The same problem occured a while ago in a Hotel here, where I had no problem one day, but no way to log in for the following week.

What may be the reason for this phenomenon?

Any ideas (except shooting the Gov.)?

Regards
    Richard

2. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

If you are blocked again, can you go to a site like whatsmyip.org and post the IP address or email to webmaster (at) boatdesign.net

1 person likes this.
  3. apex1

apex1 Guest

Thank you Jeff,

the problem with this solution is the fact, that I have a new IP on every log on.

Another strange thing is, that I CAN login here sometimes, and when I have opened a few threads, or like to reply, I get a time out error message. When I use a tunnel, like Vtunnel, I sometimes can login, sometimes not. But java does not work if. So, quick links, quotes and the like will not work.

It drives me nuts.

I am sure this site is not blocked by governement, maybe just their shabby DNS server is not working correct.
    Tried different DNS servers as well, most don´t work.

Mike,

Thank you, but this is not part of the civilized world, one cannot ask such questions here!
    And when I am in Greek waters I have no problem with my GSM dongle to go here. But no Greek signal here. And no sat. dish on board.

Thanks anyway,
    maybe someone comes with a simple solution?

Regards
    Richard

4. Vulkyn

Vulkyn Senior Member

Had the same problem like you with Bd.net couldnt connect for a good couple of hrs .....
    All other sites worked but i couldnt connect to Bd....

EDIT:
    This has happened several times before but i never paid much attention till i saw Richard's post ...

5. labrax

labrax New Member

I couldn't connect from the UK, either on a dongle or broadband through the telephone line. I suspect it was BD or their server ........ Seems fine now.

6. apex1

apex1 Guest

Interesting,

that would make things much easier to understand, if the fault is on this side / site.

7. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

Sorry - there was a significant connectivity problem this morning (not related to the problem connecting yesterday but it would likely be responsible for any lack of connectivity this morning) -- the datacenter had scripted and scheduled replacement of two Cisco 6500 core routers with Brocade MLXe-16 routers; the work began 12 hours ago but ran into major issues causing a 2 hour outage for thousands of customers, boatdesign.net being one of them. The maintenance window has been extended but hopefully the outstanding issues are on the way to resolution now.

Code:
    2:29 PM: ETA is about 30m-1h. We'll fully update when things are back online, but it's expected we'll see a full restoration of connectivity before 3:30PM CDT 
    11:32 AM: Core routers are both online. We're bringing things back VLAN by VLAN; as soon as you're back online we'll email replies to existing tickets to confirm that your connectivity has been restored.
    7:38 AM: We are continuing to work on outstanding issues caused by the router replacements and currently have no ETA on resolution.
    6:06 AM: The problems being caused by the compatibility issue seem to have been solved by removing core4 and replacing it with the Brocade. We are still diagnosing some of the remaining issues and hope to have them resolved shortly.
    5:15 AM: The issue was traced to a compatibility issue that prevents the Brocade and Cisco from working together and we are going ahead with completing the replacement of core4 at which point we will resolve all outstanding issues. We are expanding the maintenance period by one hour to deal with this problem.
    4:58 AM: We are continuing to work on solving the problems caused by the new router with Brocade. We are attempting several possible solutions at this time and will report when we have additional information.
    4:00 AM: We are currently working with Brocade support to attempt to resolve some of the issues that have resulted from the upgrade. We will provide an update as soon as we can.
    3:23 AM: We are currently diagnosing known issues with packet loss that are affecting most customers. We will not proceed with the core4 replacement until this problem is resolved.
    2:30 AM: core3 has been replaced and we are currently working on bringing the new Brocade router into normal operation status and solving a few complications from the change before we begin the replacement of core4. We will provide an update when this step is complete.
    12:53 AM: We are now proceeding with the removal of core3 and replacement with its Brocade equivalent. We will provide an update if there are any issues with this process or when the replacement is completed.
    12:25 AM: We are currently verifying configuration settings on the routers to reduce the risk of errors that may cause transition issues. We will provide an update when we are ready to begin the physical migration.
    11:39 PM: The maintenance is on schedule to begin at 12:00 AM.

Cisco 6500
    Processing for up to 400 Million Packets per Second
    640 Gbit/sec of throughput
    40 Gigabit backplane capacity per module
    Up to 32 full line speed 10 Gigabit circuits
    No support for 40 GigE or 100 GigE

Brocade MLXe-16
    Processing for up to 4 Billion Packets per Second
    Over 6 Tbit/sec of throughput
    240 Gbit/sec backplane capacity per module
    Up to 128 line speed Gigabit circuits with current line cards, higher density line cards are in the works
    Support for 40 and 100 Gigabit Ethernet are in the works and the backplane capacity exists to support it

8. Vulkyn

Vulkyn Senior Member

ok :) thx for the update Jeff! Should i run into any other problems ill make sure to post em here :)

9. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

FYI. I also lost connectivity this morniing until I got completely off the internet and got back on. I only had the broblem with BD but it was brief.

10. apex1

apex1 Guest

Nice for you guys.

And thank you Jeff for the info. But I have the same problem again. I could login and open a few posts, then I got a timeout error again.

Now I am here using a software called "Tor", which is slow and inconvenient.

The fact that I have access sometimes, lets me assume there is nothing wrong here in Turkey.

No idea how to solve that, and I don´t like to move to the US...........

Richard

...sure I´m not welcome either...

11. hoytedow

It would improve the place.

12. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

They are still having major intermittent issues with the new Brocade MLXe-16 routers this afternoon; I would assume any issues you face today 9/12 are on our side.

13. hoytedow

I just now got back on after connectivity was lost.

14. hoytedow

I had to re-boot to get back on.

15. Vulkyn

Vulkyn Senior Member

Had the same problem again could not connect, nothin worked just went to sleep and now its workin again ...

< 5 minutes maintenance about to commence (now completed) | site trouble >
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.