Sinkings off Lampedusa

Discussion in 'Stability' started by Stephen Ditmore, Oct 13, 2013.

1. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

Only the proffesionals can decide this. Until they do all migrants must be considered refugees and protected.

All migrants must be treated in a humane manner

2. El_Guero

El_Guero Previous Member

I agree with the words you wrote.

Let the 'professionals' find real jobs, and send the illegal immigrants home.

There is no reason to abuse them, treat them well, feed them once a day, and see they get home safely, and quickly.

3. michael pierzga

Syrians have no home, it has been destroyed, the breadwinners in thier family have been killed. Those boats are full of women and children

You need to think more clearly

4. El_Guero

El_Guero Previous Member

I am thinking very clearly, Syrians and Mexicans are not on those boats.

Refugees are seldom able to relocate - fact of war.

But, if you want a dozen to live on your boat, go for it.

For the rest of them, be nice to them, and send them home.

5. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

I'l bet there will be someone living in Syria even if you took all the refugees by boat.

I love the one where you find Sri Lankan refugees ( supposedly) yet my mates are buying houses and moving there??WTF

6. michael pierzga

European debate and review concerning Nato, the law of the sea and government responsibilty to assist all those in distress
    http://assembly.coe.int/CommitteeDocs/2012/20120329_mig_RPT.EN.pdf
    A very sad story.

7. El_Guero

El_Guero Previous Member

Ironic how all those people 'move,' but they never seem to move much at all.

The sad stories I would love to hear more about?

All the Soldiers being murdered because their governments are more concerned with supposed refugees than they are with stopping terrorists .....

But, the media will not admit the truth.

8. El_Guero

El_Guero Previous Member

I would like to believe that the most ruthless of profiteers care, but since the most ruthless are in government, I know they do not care about the deaths their regimes are causing ....

For the second tier - criminals? Yes, they have 'scruples.' But, you will have to pay them twice what they are making now to change their ways. Or take the money from them.

And they are MAKING A LOT OF MONEY. Drug running, gun running, people running, and sex trafficking all MAKE A LOT OF MONEY.

Until you remove the profit, or make a huge profit some other way, you will not stop the trade - I grew up on the border, the illegal trade has made more millionaires than speculating on real estate in California - the second largest source of millionaires.

How would you insure the safety of your teachers? Would you accompany them? Or, is this just a program for you to feel good about, and make a lot of money while your teachers are kidnapped for ransom?

wayne

9. Stephen Ditmore

Stephen Ditmore Senior Member

I dunno, would you want to live in Syria in the middle of a civil war? I'd leave and take my family with me, and that would make us refugees, as many Syrians are today.

10. Stephen Ditmore

I'm happy to dialogue with you about this, but please acknowledge facts. One of the boats that sank contained Syrians and Palestinians. Another, the largest, contained mostly Eritreans.

11. Stephen Ditmore

I'm OK with that. Its allowing them to drown I have a problem with.

12. michael pierzga

Why would a smuggler invest in a vessel that will be used for illegal activities and be siezed by authorities as soon as it makes landfall

Ferry companies operate modern ships on daily service between North African ports and Europe.

Migrants cant use these unless they have been pre screened and given a visa.

This is just not going to happen soon

13. Stephen Ditmore

There are plenty of groups like Doctors Without Borders who do good work without winding up in Gitmo. They're taking their skills to where the need is. Period.

14. powerabout

powerabout Senior Member

Humans are the easiest resource to replicate on the planet and there's too many of us, there's your answer to why countries now have an indifferent view to saving what are only a massive drain on your under resourced bankrupt countries with massive unemployment
    ( but they do have free healthcare..)
    If your country does well it will be invaded...

15. El_Guero

El_Guero Previous Member

I vote for Stephen and Michael to team up.

Michael has a boat, and the two of you can pick up all the 'refugees' you want to pick up.

And after the nice government officials throw you two in jail, and they finally let you access the internet, you can post on the forum. I will start a free Michael and Stephen thread, and even a website.

I wish you two the best.

wayne

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.