Single pole and 2 pole conflict

Discussion in 'OnBoard Electronics & Controls' started by watchkeeper, Nov 8, 2010.

1. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Volts and amps are totally different things. If you don't understand that, nothing else in this thread will make much sense. They are the basics of electricity.

1 person likes this.
  2. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

Gonzo...would you prefer to be electrocuted with volts or amps ? get back on topic. TWO POLE ELECTRIC SYSTEM OR ONE POLE ? Tell us what you know Gonzo...your observations. This thread is about metal boats and equipment instalation

3. apex1

apex1 Guest

Tell us what you know Michael, before you ask others. By so far, almost every single statement you made here on the board was wrong, babbel, exaggerated, or off topic.
    Like this one for example:

Drivel, except for the first three words.

4. CDK

CDK retired engineer

Micheal I bloody well know what a forum is for.
    I also know from experience that lots of people ventilate their opinions without knowing what they are talking about.
    That is clouding the issue, assigning the proper names is not.

5. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

Well Apex...open your mind and Google.. Anodes and cathodic disbonding...then tell us what you learn about anode induced paint system deterioration .. And CDK , since a forum is for the exchange of observations and techniques, supply us with a photo of your home plasma cutter and home made underwater anode system for consideration. Perhaps its such a good idea we could all change our ways ?

6. apex1

apex1 Guest

You should try to get a bit decent with spreading your drivel. I am not sure you are as long on boats as I am building them. According to your rather dumb comments and opinions, your knowledge about the subject matter is at best similar to a complete novice.

Your repeated attempt to make us believe you would own a larger sailing boat does not fit with your amateurish comments, you should better leave that.

And thank you for the google hint! That obviously is your way of gaining knowledge, but it is not mine.

7. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

michael: you need to go study electrical basics. Electrocution is caused by contraction of the muscles by an electric stimulus. At its extreme, it can incinerate a body. There will be measurable voltage and amperage in an electrocution. One can't exist withouth the other. Please go and study so your questions make any sense and stop insulting experienced people. Your claims of "black science" are just plain nonsense. There is no such thing except on fantasy books.

8. CDK

CDK retired engineer

Just to satisfy your curiosity here is a picture of my plasma cutter. As you can see from the dirt everywhere, I use it a lot.

A fairly simple tool, quite similar to a tig welding gun, but instead of a tungsten needle it has a hollow nozzle. The supply is DC constant current with a high rf voltage superimposed to start the arc. Compressed air does the cutting. The idea is that you clamp a piece of metal profile on the material to be cut, then drag the plasma gun along the profile. It cuts anything conductive, even 10 mm steel plate.

I have no pictures of the cutter in action: as soon as you start cutting zinc the light is brighter than the sun and there is poisonous smoke like a volcano erupting, so you do that outside in the wind.
    You can also use your Black and Decker to saw off strips, but this is much faster.

I will start a new thread about zinc electrodes, but don't have time right now. Several forum members cast their own electrodes by melting the used ones, also a feasible idea.

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.