Exporting added mass matrix in AQWA

Discussion in 'Software' started by mateusciola, Mar 24, 2017.

1. mateusciola

mateusciola New Member

Hello guys,

My simulation works but I can only see/plot the added mass force vs frequency diagram. I'm a novice at AQWA and I haven't found yet good tutorials on the web to learn it. How can I export the added mass of my structure ? I'm running AQWA 16.2 from Workbench.

I will also need to export my damping matrix and the Froud-Krylov forces.

Another question is related to the "Wave Directions" settings. When I change type to "Single Direction, Forward Speed", the forward speed is the speed of my structure or of the wave?! From the help I've understood that it represents the structure speed but it makes no sense for me.

Thanks for the help!

2. RobertaS

RobertaS New Member

Good morning,
    have you solved your doubt about forward speed? I don't undestand because if I choose a single direction in "Wave direction" tree object, I have to set also a structure forward speed. I can't set a structure forward speed because my structure is fixed in place.

I hope you can help me, thanks!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.