Sine wave propulsion

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by JonathanCole, Jun 19, 2005.

1. waveless

waveless Junior Member

here is my model of sine wave propulsion.

Attached Files:

• test.JPG
      test.JPG
      File size:
      113.8 KB
      Views:
  2. cyclops

cyclops Senior Member

Your right Jonathan, I am a bit of a realist on projects.

3. JonathanCole

JonathanCole imagineer

Sure, but what if there are also other design requirements for the boat, like shallow draft? There are certainly circumstances that one can imagine that might better utilize a vertical axis thruster device, for example. That is what is described in Martijn's article from the Twenty-First Symposium on Naval Hydrodynamics (1997) Commission on Physical Sciences, Mathematics, and Applications. My guess is that these folks take themselves fairly seriously!!

4. waveless

waveless Junior Member

Hi,

My god tell me that sinewave motion is not as effecient as the constant thrust propulsion. So a new perfect constant thrust propulsion is invented, you will see my new propulsion 'op 7 december tijdens het Nationaal Innovatie Evenement octrooien van TNO' in Utrecht.

5. Martijn_vE

Martijn_vE Marine software developer

It's a bit similar to voith schneider propulsion, only in this case the angle of attack of the blades was continously adapted by electronics rather than mechanically if i recall correctly

6. Martijn_vE

Martijn_vE Marine software developer

Thanks for generous comparison, but no, I'm not one of them.

7. masrapido

masrapido Junior forever

I couldn't have paid for this...now I know what waveless means. as good old Marx said, religion is opium for the masses.

(my buddy waveless is even stealing my words. sinewave "is not as efficient as the constant thrust". I'm going to slap him with copyright laws, made in usa-aca free trade crap, so hard, he's going to discover waves)

:cool:

8. waveless

waveless Junior Member

Masrapido,

I pick up your words on the post, there is nothing copyright.

My water bike is making in china, you will see that is the most efficieny and faster water bike, it will break the speed record of rolling boat.

9. masrapido

masrapido Junior forever

best of luck maestro. don't forget us when you become filthy rich, ok? come by sometime, say hello.

10. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Apart from the inflated ego's of the main protagonists in this entertainment (got as far as page 4, and had to stop - exhausted!) the main problem I can see from a practical view point is the fact that if the whole boat is "snaking" through the water, you puts yer coffee cup down and bingo! you got coffee all over the the bloody table! Just a thought!

And Masrapido 'tis great to see that your OK buddy, there was some concern (see Open forums) that you might be swimming round the "Mexus/Texico Gulf" great to see that your not!

11. masrapido

masrapido Junior forever

was only basking in the glory of the southern sun...

:D

am trying to draw lines of a boat for leisure coastal showing off in full safety of nearby marinas in case winds get naughty.

and taking lessons in tongue control. mi chica is coaching me.

(I am bound to fail...apologies to all, especially the serious and professional ones in this forum)

:rolleyes:

12. trouty

trouty Guest

String Theory, Sine Wave proulsion? Plasmoidal Induction - thickheads!

:rolleyes: :p :idea: :D

String Theory? - How long is a piece of string? No matter how long - it won't be long enough, and even if it were it'd get all tangled and you'd do ya quince and cut it all up in a temper anyway!!! :D

Sine Wave, Signs that wave? underwater? - it could work I guess! :)

Broken Symmetry - is the reason for the efficiency of the manta ray propulsion discussed.

Powering it with Plasmoidal induction will make other forms of water propulsion basically redundant, is my best guess.

You could look backk and search for the thread on plasmoidal induction proulsion, and apply it to the problem and voila - it will work.

We are the enemy, because we refuse to imagine - and we can't invent what we can't imagine!

Cheers!

13. trouty

trouty Guest

Me thinks

it works like this.

[​IMG]

Cheers!

14. jam007

jam007 Junior Member

LOL

Anders M

15. masrapido

masrapido Junior forever

And Dr. Nikola Tesla, who invented everything before anyone even thought of anything, described the new energy type he discovered in late 1890's, working for Edison. Later Dr. Tesla proved his theory of the new type of energy by building electric car that was successfully tested by US army and Westinghouse representatives. The car was drawing the energy from the air. There were no batteries in it.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.