Boat Identification

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by Jake1, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Jake1

Jake1 New Member

Hello everyone, Long time reader first time poster, after reading many boat builds/restorations I have made the decision to acquire my own boat for restoration, this will be my first boat and first boat restoration job I have taken on I have restored many cars and bikes but that experience is irrelevant as the boat I am in the process of obtaining is plywood as compared to steel bikes and cars... I have inspected the boat I am purchasing and have taken note of work that needs to be done while inspecting I was trying to find the build plate with the vessel make/model I could only find a build plate from the northcote boatyard in victoria with the number 35 stamped on it there is also a registration plate and a red plate above from the transport regulation board with the year 1984 stamped on it. I am posting here in hope that someone will recognize the make/model of this boat from the picture attached to this post, any help would be greatly appretiated.
    Thank you.
    http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=81974&stc=1&d=1371821523

Attached Files:

2. whitepointer23

whitepointer23 Previous Member

If it has no framing it will be a benson and shaw built in melbourne in the sixtys. Another possibility is whitley from the same era. If neither of those then most likely home built off plans.

3. Jake1

Jake1 New Member

Hi,
    Thank you for the reply after searching the net using the info you gave me and by photo identification on the history page of there whittleys website I have been able to confirm that the boat is a whittley, although there is no model name build year or any other information other than a picture I am keen to keep searching around hoping something will pop up that will give me further details on the old beauty.

4. whitepointer23

whitepointer23 Previous Member

Glad its a whittley. Great boats. Hope you post pics of the restoration.

5. Jake1

Jake1 New Member

No probs I will be sure to take pics through the restoration and post.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.