Simple solar charge design question

Discussion in 'OnBoard Electronics & Controls' started by L'eau.Life, Aug 13, 2016.

1. BertKu

BertKu Senior Member

Hi L'eau.Life
    In the meantime you should have some experience with your little 120 mA charger. How did it go? Did the charger had a diode build in? To prevent the battery discharging when the solar panel is in the dark? Unfortunately I just discover that not all solar panels have a diode build in, to prevent the battery from discharging via the solar panel when dark. For that reason I have enclosed an update of the circuit diagram I suggested and has proven to be inexpensive and it keeps your battery charged whatever. My apology, all my solar panels have a diode build in and did not realise that very old panels and some new panels do not have anti discharge diode build in.
    [​IMG]
    Bert

Attached Files: