Gel Coat color

Discussion in 'Materials' started by Fred707, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Fred707

Fred707 Junior Member

Is there any way I can gel coat matched to my boat. The manufacturer is of no help as the boat is almost 30 years old and they just don't have it any more. There is no way I can match it as i really suck at colors. So is there anyone that can match my gel coat. It doesn't have to be perfect just close.

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

If you can get a chip, many gelcoat suppliers will computer match it. The other option is to hire someone with a good eye to make a batch for you.

3. ondarvr

ondarvr Senior Member

Try Spectrum color (253 735 1830)

Or GCP (206 781 1162)

They may have your color on file, if not they can match it.

4. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

A very hi percentage of males have color blindness so if you sux at colors you could be just another one of the many If theres a lot to be painted just use polyurethane 2 pot and paint the boat . Trying to match what you have is ok but because of old and new it will be an ongoing forever more problem of miss match and color differances . Just paint it and make sure you keep whats left over . :p:D:p

5. Fred707

Fred707 Junior Member

Thanks for the help. I called GCP & the helpful girl that answered set me up with instructions to get the gel coat.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.