Sidewinder information

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by milford, Apr 20, 2004.

1. Kevin in MI

Kevin in MI Junior Member

I have one, I just had it looked over

The boat is a bow rider, it has a electric start 70 hp Chrysler motor auto tilt and trim. I believe it is a 72. I have pictures I can email to you if you are interested.

My boat mechanic stated he he's never seen that engine in such good condition, it has not been rebuilt, the main seal has never been cracked. starts instantly and purrs like a kitten.

Kevin Elnicky

2. Kevin in MI

I have one.

The boat is a bow rider, it has a electric start 70 hp Chrysler motor auto tilt and trim. I believe it is a 72. I have pictures I can email to you if you are interested.

My boat mechanic stated he he's never seen that engine in such good condition, it has not been rebuilt, the main seal has never been cracked. starts instantly and purrs like a kitten.

Kevin Elnicky

3. Kevin in MI

I have one.

My boat mechanic stated he he's never seen that engine in such good condition, it has not been rebuilt, the main seal has never been cracked. starts instantly and purrs like a kitten. It has the original tilting trailer also.

Kevin Elnicky

4. jjtaylor58

jjtaylor58 New Member

Sidewinder for sale

I have a 71 sidewinder for sale if you are interested in it. It is a jet drive with a 305 chevy in it. Please leave me know if you are still looking for 1...Thanks...Jim

5. Russ Sobolewski

Russ Sobolewski Russty

I would be interested in seeing your before and after pics as I am just about to embark on a similar journey.

regards

6. scott8370

scott8370 New Member

I might be interested in selling a 73 Sidewinder 19' XL 455ci Berkley drive. Stored for 30 yrs. in warehouse. Orange in color,orange seats, orange carpet.Original Dilly trailer.I have all the manuals and paper work.Perfect cond! (everything) even the paper work

7. fretmonger

fretmonger Junior Member

8. scott8370

scott8370 New Member

FRETMONGER
    Yes i do have pics. I'll send some tonight

9. fretmonger

fretmonger Junior Member

Awesome... Thanks Dude.

10. pronto

pronto New Member

I have a 1970 Sidewinder Super 18' set up for a Chevy small block and a Mercury I/O just rebuilt. My boat was bulit in the first year that Ken Baker (WORLD SPEED RECORD HOLDER) patented the hull and is complete and ready for restoration. Free and clear title and Coast Guard Manufacture plate is intact, red and silver metal flake hull with white rolled interior. This is the original Havasu "BAD BOY" of ski boats. only one found with I/O unit and V8,

11. Sydewynder

Sydewynder New Member

Sidewinder for sale

I have a early 70's sidewinder boat 4 sale...black metallic with 75hp flying scott motor and trailer...Motor needs starter repair runs good otherwise, boat needs some int repair seats and clean up...$2000 CDN winter price...vtronics@hotmail.com

12. 71sidewinder

71sidewinder New Member

do you have any pictures of your boat?

13. 71sidewinder

71sidewinder New Member

I have a 71 inboard 454hp sidewinder I am looking to restore and need any pictures that I can find. If anyone has any I would certainly appriciate it.

14. 69 sidewinder

69 sidewinder New Member

I own a 1969 18 foot sidewinder with a 120 Mercruiser I/O. I have recently spent a lot of money on this boat and it is now ready to sell. The hull is in good shape, all new Beede Guages, MAJOR drive service- resealed, pressure tested, sea water pump, engine water pump, hoses, bellows THE WORKS!! I would like to sell this to someone who will appreciate it, if anyone wants it Im thinking about $5,000. There are alot of other new parts and a good trailer with this boat. This boat is turn key river ready. Please E-Mail me with a reply if you want it. It will also go in the Boat Tader online and probably EBAY

15. dapperdan

dapperdan New Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.