The Propeller Handbook, missing page in pdf format

Discussion in 'Props' started by Eric Sponberg, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Eric Sponberg

Eric Sponberg Senior Member

Hi Guys and Gals,
    It has been a long time since I posted anything here, but I have a curious question. Someone recently asked me a propeller design question via email, and not knowing the answer off the top of my head, I consulted a PDF version of Dave Gerr's The Propeller Handbook that I happened to have found on-line. Scrolling through chapter 1, I noticed that page 25 is NOT in the PDF file. The file jumps from page 24 to page 26. Page 25 has to do with propeller terminology. Does anyone have a copy of page 25 that they could post as a PDF file? Thanks in advance.

In case you ask, no, I know longer have any design books because I sold them all or gave them away when I sold my house. I do not miss boat design, and I am enjoying my retirement, but I still get design questions from time to time, and I try to help people out. My boat is my house now, Corroboree, the very first boat I was ever commissioned to design, a 35' free-standing rigged sloop, built in wood-epoxy in New Zealand about 30 years ago. My wife and I bought it back from my original owners about 3 years ago. We left St. Augustine on 4 January 2017, and we are currently 1,770 miles from there, in Jolly Harbour, Antigua, waiting out our third hurricane in the last 2 weeks. We came into Jolly Harbour to get out of the way of Irma, then Jose followed right behind, and now Maria is bearing down on us as this is being written. I am in a hotel right next to the marina where Corroboree is tied to a berth with all her gear stowed. We had hauled her out for the first two hurricanes, and thought we'd get away to islands south right after launch, but no such luck--Maria formed too quickly, now a category 3 hurricane set to pass by tonight to our south between Dominica and Martinique. We are leaving a path of destruction behind us--Dinner Key Marina in Miami, Puerto Rico, the USVI, the BVI, St. Martin, St. Baths, all places we visited, all deeply affected or nearly destroyed by Irma.

In case you want to follow our travels, you can read my wife's sailing blog on her website: The Old Woman and the Sea – Arliss Ryan http://www.arlissryan.com/blog/. We also have Facebook pages where we post news of our travels--Eric Sponberg and Arliss Ryan.

At any rate, if anyone can come up with page 25 of The Propeller Handbook, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Cheers,

Eric

2. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

3. Eric Sponberg

Eric Sponberg Senior Member

Hi Hoytedow,
    Thanks. I was specifically looking for page 25 of Dave Gerr's book. On that page he refers to some figures on the previous page. Someone has sent me by email a scanned image of the missing page.

Cheers, Eric

4. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

I am glad you got it.

5. rxcomposite

rxcomposite Senior Member

Is this the one?

Attached Files:

hoytedow likes this.
  6. BertKu

BertKu Senior Member

I am trying to copy the page 25 as a pdf file in. Have a little hickupo with my scanner. Bear with me . Bert

7. BertKu

BertKu Senior Member

Yes that is the one, but he asked for a pdf file. I am not sure whether Eric can convert where he is from jpg to pdf. Bert

8. BertKu

BertKu Senior Member

Sorry Eric also myself could only import it as a jpg file. Here is also your page 25 ScanEric.jpg

9. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

I downloaded both your jpegs and converted them into a pdf....just in case!

Attached Files:

hoytedow likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.