Moisture meter question

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by pescaloco, Apr 30, 2010.

1. pescaloco

pescaloco Senior Member

Hey guys I was hoping somebody could advise me on the effectiveness of a moisture meter for non destructive inspection of water/moisture in a boats cored materials like decks/transoms/stringes. It would be used primarly on smaller craft so I'm not looking to penetrate 10 or 12 mm of solid GRP laminate

I saw one in the Pro Boatbuilder Mag named Dolphin moisture meter, it seems like the right price range for me, but I don't know how effective it might be.

I've really not done any research on meters so I don't know what the costs and capabilities are between entery level models and high end'ers.

Thanks and I look forward to your replies

2. apex1

apex1 Guest

Contact Paul Riccelli in Eustis FL, he can give you some proper advice with first hand knowledge behind.
    you have PM.......................

Regards
    Richard

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.