Humphree interceptors

Discussion in 'OnBoard Electronics & Controls' started by Magnus W, Mar 5, 2024.

1. Magnus W

Magnus W Senior Member

Hopefully I'm posting in the right category.

One of my workboats could benefit from a good automatic trim and stabilisation system. It's a circa 11 meter by 3,2 meter planing boat with 22 degree constant deadrise and about 6500 kg mass with full fuel sans payload. 24-25 knot cruise and about 1000 hrs per year.

Looking at Humphree (as they seems much more rugged than Zipwake albeit at a cost) I'm a bit confused since they have so many options. I'm liking the heavy duty HE series (I find everything labeled HD appealing) but they may be too big so perhaps the X. The woman I spoke to at Humphree recommended the newish Lightning but they seem more of a leisure product.

Anyone here with experience from Humphree?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.