French Engineering Student are looking for an Internship

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by Thibaud.B, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Thibaud.B

Thibaud.B New Member

At the moment, I am an engineering student at the Ecole Polytechnique de Nantes in materials sciences department (Master's degree expected in 2007). In order to have my year of studies recognized, I have to do a nineteen weeks internship from February to July 2007.

I am very interested in boatbuilding and boat conception. I did last summer a three months internship in New England Boatworks in Portsmouth,RI and I worked on the technological part of boatbuilding. I learnt a lot about the building process of custom yachts, race boats and some items. That allowed me to check on my career prospects. Furthermore, during this internship, it was an occasion to study some techniques of boatbuilding from drawings and for my next internship I would like better understand drawings themselves for marine sector, for example, material choices, laminate calculations, structure design.

After my engineering school, I would like to integrate a boat design school (Ecole d'architecture navale de Nantes) in order to improve my experience on boat conception and to link my knowledge of materials to this type of industry. That is why to do an internship in an American company in boatbuilding sector could be very useful to get more experience and it could be a major asset in my studies. For my third year, I have chosen a specialization: ‘Polymers and Composites’. Therefore this internship should be me for a good compromise between my engineering studies theme and my career prospects and a host company, an occasion to integrate during some months a young French engineer very motivated and impassioned of boat industry.

Please, contact me by email for resume.
    Thibaud B.
    tbigex@free.fr

2. dereksireci

dereksireci Senior Member

Company: Beneteau USA Inc
    Job Category: Marine Engineers

Salary Range:
    Required Education: Associate in Engineering
    Required Experience: Six Months
    Job Status: Full Time
    Job Description
    Content: This position will create and maintain Bill of Materials (BOM) and part numbers in the production management system, owner's manuals of all BUSA sailboats, and CAD drawings.
    Requirements: Knowledge of sailboat building/sailing;
    Knowledge of computer applications to include Word, Excel, CAD;
    Associate's degree in Engineering or related field and at least (6) months of data entry experience; or an equivalent combination of education/experience;
    ability to speak French/English.
    Keywords:
    Contact Information
    Email: mitchell.rouse@beneteauusa.com
    Phone: 843-629-5310
    Fax: 843-629-5309

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.