attaching GHS data in Rhino

Discussion in 'Software' started by pavel915, Nov 25, 2009.

1. pavel915

pavel915 Senior Member

I really struggle to attach GHS data for a hull which has several surfaces which are not able to be joined.
    For example when i want to attach Hull part i have to select each part one by one and for some cases it becomes a great trouble.

Is there any way to select the all surfaces in one selection?

Thanks

2. duluthboats

duluthboats Senior Dreamer

Go to HELP, SELECTION, there's a tool for that.

3. pavel915

pavel915 Senior Member

i have gone through the "AttachGHSData " in help menu. I can attach GHS data for hulls with very few or one surfaces. But i am facing problem for the hulls which have many surfaces. In that case i have to select surfaces one by one and some timse it becomes a real trouble.

4. ABoatGuy

ABoatGuy Member

My best results have come using a half hull model. Then join all the surfaces. If the model is reasonably good that should work and usually makes a decent GF file. This has worked on some fairly complex hulls and decks. You should still go through it station by station to make sure it is clean.

Sometimes there is a quirk in the GF file. The software often makes the forward station with two points. I believe the GF file format calls for three. It will throw off the overall length which screws up some of the ratios (L/B etc.), but it is easy to fix. I'm working in AutoHydro, I'm not sure if GHS is this picky.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.