Yamaha Panga Lines plan

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Landlubber, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

Hey fellas,

Does anyone have a set of lines plans for the old World Bank/Yamaha panga style boat please, about 23 feet.

Just returned from Fiji where I was helping the wife's family and they would like to make some boats there if possible.

Thanks in advance.
    Kind regards, John

2. tom28571

tom28571 Senior Member

All Yamaha Pangas I've seen are fiberglass and built in molds. That might make obtaining lines difficult. Buy one and do a mold off it. They are generic and doubt there are any legal issues with that. I understand they are found just about everywhere in the world except for the most developed countries where most so called "pangas" are much modified copies that are probably much less suitable for what you are interested in. They are the boat of choice for Somalia pirates.

3. Milehog

Milehog Clever Quip

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.