Ship Design Regarding Ballast.

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by timh1111, Sep 6, 2010.

1. jehardiman

jehardiman Senior Member

FWIW, for a passanger vessel, the pools are small change when compared to the SOLAS 2 compartment damaged stability requirements. In most designs they are more worried about the water when it is used for fire fighting than when it is in the pools.

So sleep well on board and don't worry about capsize...worry far more about the fires and dying of smoke inhalation....well G'night.

2. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

Thank you for these reassuring words, we feel much better now. G'night. :cool:

3. apex1

apex1 Guest

4. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

The second one is even more interesting to me. :eek:
    Makes me wonder if a forklift being violently thrown against internal walls and columns is considered as a structural load case by current regulations...

5. mydauphin

mydauphin Senior Member

Actually I worry more about the food, water and ventilation system. They seem to be prone to serve as petri dish for viral growths of all kinds.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.