Shanty Boat Photo Studio

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by WetPlateShanty, Mar 18, 2014.

1. WetPlateShanty

WetPlateShanty Junior Member

I am going to be building a shanty boat in the spring when it starts warming up. I am going to be making the boat to measurements I came up with, and designed from my feeling on how it should be made. Mostly going to be a fairly simple build. A lot of straight lines and 45 degree angles. A large open cabin, hammocks for sleeping, two stoves, A loft with a big bed raised from the level of the roof, a roof garden that is run off of hydroponics which will filter our shower/sink water, small chicken coop, and a small darkroom to develop tintypes in. There are going to be a lot of additions and small innovations. We plan to run some things off a few solar panels like the hydroponic garden. The boat will be 20x11, the cabin 12x10 maybe a little bit longer not sure yet. It is going to have two power options that we have to decide on. One an outboard motor. the second a paddle wheel. but to use the paddle wheel I need to find a good motor/way to run it fuel efficiently. If anyone has any thoughts of ideas for out boat let me know.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.