Shallow water born!

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by Gian Milan, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Gian Milan

Gian Milan Previous Member

No prob in help u.
    a few day for organisation and u will have also for italian.
    ciao!
    Gian

2. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Her innocence is not proven. What is proven is that sloppy crime scene procedures tainted evidence causing either the wrong person to be arrested or allowing a guilty person to be released. We may never know. If I knew she were innocent I would be very happy for her, but I don't know. I am sad for the murder victim and her family. Please don't judge all Americans by what Amanda may or may not have done or by what you hear from our news media.

3. hoytedow

That's a great list. Here is another with some members who also haunt boatdesign.com: http://foro.latabernadelpuerto.com/portal.php

In German you have http://www.boote-forum.de/ also has cross-membership.

As does this one: Finnish: http://www.puuvene.net/

4. Ike

Ike Senior Member

Thank you for the great links. Also, thanks to Google for it's translation feature. I speak a little French and Spanish (just enough to get me in trouble) so it was easier for me to find those links, but beyond that I am not multi-lingual, other than such things as saying Good Morning, good bye, and thank you and where is the toilet.

I was not speaking to Amanda's innocence or guilt. I was answering his question about Americans, and I would echo your comment about not judging Americans solely by the media. I am happy that the Italian court system proved itself to be just. I am not happy it took four years. But then i could say the same thing about our own justice system.

The important thing to realize here is that whether it is Americans, Italians, or any nationality; we all want the same thing, justice. We want the murdered to be punished and the innocent to be free. Unfortunately, the media, whether it is American, Italian, or British in this case, do not publish all of the facts. So it is hard to make an informed judgement. I feel very sad for the Kercher family and I hope and pray they find some peace of mind and closure. I also hope that whoever did this (Guede?) rots in hell. That's about as strong a statement I will ever make on a public forum.

If you find any more good boat building links in Europe or elsewhere I would appreciate knowing about them.

5. Gian Milan

I did not think to elicit reactions so strong, and frankly I'm embarrassed.
    I find extremely mature Hoy: he is very realistic.
    I find very human Ike: he clings to the hope of a humanity better than it is.

To you I say this: if you are truly representative of the American people, press has a large debt with United States.

PS
    I want let you know Italians question in those days.

Black was sentenced to 18 years for complicity with Amanda and Raffaele; if they are innocent, what is he doing in jail?

6. Gian Milan

But what about my idea to use plastic bottles and balls?

7. Ike

Ike Senior Member

Good question Gian.

Also Good suggestion. Plus, consider polystyrene foam. It is found everywhere. It can be purchased in large sheets. Here in the USA they sell it in hardware stores and home improvement stores in 2 feet by 8 feet by 2 inch ( 60 cm X 243.8 cm X 5 cm) for around $12.00 USD.

Sytrofoam (polystyrene) is affected by solvents, such as gasoline and other oils, so it must be protected from these, either by covering it with fiberglass and epoxy (do not use polyester resins, they dissolve styrofoam) or in a large plastic bag. These sheets can be easily cut with a knife into convenient sizes to fit in spaces under the deck.

Also, some people have used what we call pool noodles ( see http://www.poolcenter.com/pooltoys_noodles_water_logs.htm) They are cylinders of polyethylene foam, and are not affected by gasoline or other solvents. They make good foam to put under a gunwale or under seats. You can get them in stores that sell toys or supplies for swimming pools.

8. Gian Milan

9. hoytedow

That's an impressive list, Gian.

Bottles or ping-pong balls make excellent flotation. Try for best arrangement, not just shoved in.

I would rather be in an Italian courtroom than an Iranian one.
    They(Iranians) have condemned a man to death for the simple act of being a Christian. Bless him and curse them.

10. Gian Milan

If i've to list a number of cancers that devour Italy, among the top 5 there would be the judiciary. A civil trial in Italy last 7 years in the first degree, the grades are 3! A criminal trial also comes 20 !!!!! Berlusconi is constantly kept under wiretapping and eavesdropping are given to foreign and Italian newspapers for political reasons. And this is the least.Sure to bet against Iran ?

11. hoytedow

Chiamate il mio avvocato. :D

12. Gian Milan

:)...

Mooolto spiritoso! (veeeery funny)!

to block balls and bottles I need to spray polyethylene. Exist a spray polyethilene in USA?

13. hoytedow

14. Ike

Ike Senior Member

Gian, grazie. Thank you for the links. I looked at each one and there are very good.

15. Gian Milan

It's been a pleasure. of which part of the states are you, ike?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.