Freeman 33 power cat

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Freemanboatwork, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Freemanboatwork

Freemanboatwork Junior Member

I would like to introduce the Freeman 33. It is a power catamaran currently under construction in Charleston, SC being built by Freeman Boatworks. The prototype will be powered by 250 four stroke outboards. Completion date is set for May 15.

Please inquire at billy@freemanboatworks.com

Specs:

LOA 33'
    BOA 10' 10"
    Weight 4100lbs. (hull only)
    Hull type: Planing deep V
    Hull material: Cold molded Okume planking, Doug Fir keel and stringers. (Corecell construction optional)

Attached Files:

2. kapnD

kapnD Senior Member

Very nice hull! Please post photos of finished product, and performance figures when available.

3. Freemanboatwork

4. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

Very nice lines for the type.... looks like she'd be competing against the go-fast centre console boats from Donzi and friends, maybe some of the larger Whalers.... nice to see some non-traditional thinking, with the cat form, in a market totally dominated by deep-V monos. Apart from some malformed HTML on the home page (text overlaps renderings) the website looks decent too, looking forward to seeing more of this project!

5. Quicksilver

Quicksilver Junior Member

funny it reminded me of a donzi, but wow shes gorgeous!

6. Freemanboatwork

Thanks guys,

Some people are having problems opening the site with AOL's program. Window's Internet explorer seems to do fine.

I will be posting more photos next week. The hull has been glassed and fairing will start Monday.

7. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

A piece of advice on web design- the site's also malformed in Netscape, Firefox and Opera. Generally it's not a good idea to design with only IE in mind as that browser is not fully compliant with international Web standards, and stuff geared to its unorthodox protocols often screws up the other 80% of us.

8. kerosene

kerosene Senior Member

And due to the crappy security and holes IE is forbidden in many businesses - we are not allowed to use it and I don't ever use it at home for this very reason.

Firefox it is for me.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.