Setting her up...

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Sean Herron, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Knut Sand

Knut Sand Senior Member

Ry Cooder describes it so....realistic...::D

The very thing that makes you rich make me poor
    My father told me, lying on his bed of death,
    Boy, he says, woman she's gonna make it, don't
    fool your self
    'Cause she's got something to make a man lay that
    money, uh, right in her hand
    And the very thing that makes her rich will make you
    poor
    The very thing that makes her rich will make you poor"
    That's right!

Well, I put you behind the wheel of a deuce and a quarter, yes I
    did
    Had you living like a rich man's daughter, yes I did, I sure did

While you were living high on the hog
    You had me down here scuffling like a dog
    Well, the very thing that makes you rich makes me poor
    The very thing that makes you rich makes me poor

Don't you never ever make such a bad mistake
    You know I'd rather climb into bed with a rattlesnake
    Then to work hard every day bringing that woman all my pay
    The very thing that makes you rich makes me poor,
    Makes me so damn poor
    The thing that makes her rich makes me poor
    The very thing that makes you rich make me poor
    Very thing that makes you rich makes me poor
    Makes me so damned poor

Money won't change it, no no...

The melody, the tune....
    Well, I'm in for 2nd attempt. Always been stubborn, but life is dull without someone.
    A friend once said; "if you have a fit wife, an old car, you'll always have something to spend your time on." Guess you also could exchange any of the two with an old boat...:D

1 person likes this.
  2. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

He he... it's more like you have to exchange the car and the wife for the boat. If that was a song, it didn't make the top 20 though :D

Amazing where the litterates pops up. Where were you when we all were young, stubborn and stupid eh. Well said, and good advice.

I think it's good to have a lot of fire in you, just be careful who you scourge with it !

3. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Yeah,-- oh boy a calm Sean, well done, calmness and normality oozes from you,---well calmness anyway.

Normality may take a little longer.

4. Sean Herron

Sean Herron Senior Member

Hello...

Just roughed in my 12V/110V fridge - got a little freezer in it - door swings clear of the companion stairs - got a 12V/24V freezer - draws F'uck all - got a BBQ - a nice two burner propane with sniffer - new blue ray playing high definition tuner ready cracker computer...
    Oh - and an old friend from college - still looks like Audrey Hepburn...
    Life is so hard for me now - taking two months off from work to set up and bugger off...
    Thanks to those here - who saw me through all the past mess - just got my last load in the truck - and my golf clubs too...
    All the best people...
    SH.

Attached Files:

5. masalai

masalai masalai

6. Boston

Boston Previous Member

have a great time Sean

stop back in from time to time and stay safe

B

7. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Don't be a stranger. I am glad things are coming together for you.

8. dskira

dskira Previous Member

Audrey Hepburn? Are you sure? Oh well she is cute :D

[​IMG]

9. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

...I have to say it Sean, if it quacks like a duck, looks like a duck and swims like a duck...it probably is a duck.......try one of the other colours for the pills mate,.....oh, and all the very best with your new found life....we are all very happy for you to be on your own boat and simply playing boats........beauty is in the eyes of the beholder anyhow, so do not worry about all our smart arse comments about ya bird.

10. Sean Herron

The Cat And His Poo...

Hello...

Morris - black and grey and orange tabby walks out of the rain into my friends basement after a day of crabbing in a Donzi 16...

Takes a shine to me - follows me out to the truck and jumps in - now he is on the boat - happy - torn ears from being outside and abandoned - good little friend...

Me - spent a little too much money - bar fights - alley fights - getting it out of my system - 10 fingers and no assault charges to date - calming down and making new rules regarding self conduct...

You know what - if I play my cards properly - I will never have to get divorced again...

Thanks folks - been sailing in the river - need to sea lock major appliances - made way against current - powerful sailplan - diesel leaks oil but it is old - what can you expect...

Wireless internet on the boat too...

SH.

11. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

It is good to hear from you again, Sean.

12. masalai

masalai masalai

Good on you Sean, Good to hear of your new life... My build is fast approaching launch ready... Reducing my responsibilities to that of "ships captain" - another despotic ******* to find peace in solitude on the ocean... Here is where it is all documented (well the part that will be publicly available) - You need to register to see the images :eek: http://boats-n-stuff.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,2.240.html

13. Sean Herron

Weekly Laundry...

Hello...

Well Massi' and other - aside from the violence and other weirdness - the best thing about all of this is learning to be happy being alone...

More importantly realizing that I am not alone - my friends stuck with me and helped me - never isolate your friends for a woman - if she cannot be apart of your life - she should never be 'a wife' - that rhymes...:)

It is a good feeling to be comfortable just being alone - not living to someones expectations of you...

All my hatches are open - the sun is setting and the breeze is cool - all I have to think about tonight is how to dress my steaks...

I hope you are all well...

I love just watching the Sun Dogs reflected off the river onto my head liners...

SH.

14. masalai

masalai masalai

Peace be with you - I hope to be similarly occupied, as soon as boat is launched and my broken hip bones mostly healed (allowing me to stagger around - like a drunken sailor?) and likewise enjoy the simple things in life like watching the passage of the sun, moon, stars and tides following their own orderly fashion...

Money is very tight for me at this stage, as the 'NY cabal' (including JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America, HSBC, Goldman Sachs and others associated with the ownership of the USA Fed), are still pushing their thieving schemes of fraudulent and illegal behaviour condoned by and under the protection the USA Government.... All undeniable FACT, and an open secret... - want proof - follow the link below... where freedom of expression still is available... And the President of the USA has the HIDE to suggest/accuse China of monetary manipulation... .... ....

15. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.