Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by CDBarry, Apr 1, 2004.

1. CDBarry

CDBarry Senior Member

I've just noticed I'm a senior member.

How did that happen? Is it because I'm an AARP member? What does it mean? Can I enroll in the dental plan now?

2. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

:D ;)

Right now it's only based on post count and we're simply using the stock titles that come with the forum software (junior, senior, etc.). I thought about using more nautical terms, but feared it would be too corny and I haven't come up with the perfect group that would fit the diversity of our members. You can set a custom title in your control panel which a few folks have done, so I left it displayed within threads as it is by default.

The thresholds and usergroups will be used very soon to allow senior members to upload photos to the gallery without having to wait for them to be manually approved and I envision more similar extra privileges coming later this year based on how long someone has been a member of our forums and their post count, etc.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.