Interesting very shallow draft design & fast

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by portacruise, Mar 20, 2011.

1. portacruise

portacruise Senior Member

http://www.mokai.com/the-mokai.html

Seems like a good way to climb rapids and explore large shallow water systems as one of the testimonials indicated. But, you will have one hand tied up when hovering, turning, postioning, or say, chasing a hooked fish, plus the noise, weight and expense to deal with....

P.

2. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

Well, I like the Advertising Spin .....

" Why do we seek out the wilderness ? To experience the beauty and tranquility of nature first hand. The environmentally friendly Mokai watercraft was created to put previously inaccessible coastlines and waterways within the reach of the weekend adventurer. "

Gee, Whats environmentally friendly about weekend warriors tearing up inaccessible coastlines in Jet skis ? Lets hope this company and its goofy product quietly goes under.

3. cthippo

cthippo Senior Member

Yeah, I noticed that too.

It's an interesting concept, but I think it suffers from being neither one thing nor the other. It's sort of the nautical equivalent of the powered longboard. I'm also concerned about the types of people who would be attracted to this concept.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.