Selway Fisher Highlander

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by unseen wombat, Jul 11, 2009.

1. unseen wombat

unseen wombat Junior Member

Okay, so I think I've narrowed down my choices to the Selway Fisher Highlander 16. I really like the multichine stitch and glue hull and I like all the customization Paul Fisher says you can make as far as rigs and cabins and everything. I like the look of it too, especially with the gaff rig with bowsprit option.

So I'll probably go with this one. Do you guys think this is a good boat to take on Lake Erie? I'm gonna try to only go out on nice days, but if the weather shifts, being able to get back to the ramp without drowning is an important feature. (I'll definitely add an outboard for such a situation). Does it look like a comfortable riding boat? (I liked the weekender until I heard it pounds in a chop).

Is the highlander considered a planing hull or a displacement hull? I don't know how to tell the difference. I guess planing is faster and displacement is more stable?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.