25' aluboat precut

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Jasper_ghost, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Jasper_ghost

Jasper_ghost Junior Member

I am looking for a drawings for a approx 25' fast cabin dive and fish boat with a modified transom for diving acces and a heavy ladder and a 300hp ob. I prefer a 20 degree V hull for smooth ride. Any recomendations for where to search for help and design or just some experience for similar projects...

Some boat test, drawings or whatever is very welcome. Intend to find a standard design and modify, and pay for cut files or buy a precut....
    Thanks,
    Jasper

2. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

i have one She is 51 degrees deadrise forwards which is a good entry, runs softly in heavy seas and chop, 19 degrees at transom, your entry is very important, for, you can get a boat that has 22 aft and 30 forwrds, slams badly
    I have a 24, 30, length wise and anything between
    If you can go to my gallery, you will see a red dive , gamefish, trailer boat, well thats the type of entry
    Then you can, if interested PM me

3. Jasper_ghost

Good point. Do you have an idea if 40 degree V Forward will slam or target should be 50 to give a smooth ride in choppy sea

4. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

i really would not go less, i found that 50 ran best, there is nothing worse than bone jarring slamming, hard on the body as well as the boat
    once I did A 20 model which was very steep at entry, and 22 aft, Nothing, and I mean nothing could keep up in the rough
    You need wide chines and no strakes, God knows why people put all those strakes on, they really do make for a hard travel I think people do that just to follow suit
    Whatever you do, make sure there are 2 or 4 deep girdars running full length, with floors between, you can then sling the tank from the girdars It is not a good idea to build tank in on this size boat as water cant run past it.

5. Jasper_ghost

The hull as a delta pad type. Most fwd frame V is 40 degree, 2nd is 32 and 3rd is 26. Wonder if this allow let say 20-25kn cruising still comfortable or it will slam so we have to reduce to non planning speed in choppy sea.
    Any exp. or good advise?

6. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

off the plane is very uncomfortable also a true blue water boat flys from wave top to wave top and is able to land softly, are you stuck with the design
    i was out on a 19 bayliner awhile ago, it was almost calm, and it was the most horrible ride, we all went down aft , took hours to get home, could not even cross a small swell without knocking your teeth out
    Forty may be ok, I,ll have a look at it, someone else may like to chip in here, although I am just talking from being out there.
    Ok 40 does look ok been into rhino with the red boat in my gallery , at most it is 48 its 36 where stem really starts flatten out. which is in the landing zone\ have you any pics

7. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

body plan

is it like this?I do all my hulls no matter what size like this, chines are more work, but well worth the effort

Attached Files:

8. Jasper_ghost

Here is a Hull with similar design. The total weigth will be approx 2500kg. The target is a smooth ride in coastal water and a little windy (5-6m/sec) and waveheigth maybe 0,5m. This is my first planning boat so I have no idea of V is ok, but it looks similar to above.

Attached Files:

9. lazeyjack

lazeyjack Guest

that is monohydron, will be stable down wind although will need trim tabs, because of windage from cabin, di you know the boat will lean into the wind? she will be quite hard riding downwind, it is like my earlier boats, I soon changed:))

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.