Looking to hire help for a feasibility study (Mississippi)

Discussion in 'Services & Employment' started by duluthwaves, Jul 13, 2010.

1. duluthwaves

duluthwaves New Member

I work for a local event production company in Minneapolis, MN. I am looking to hire someone to help me complete a feasibility study.

We are looking to create a mobile event that would occur on a barge or boat and travel the length of a portion of the Mississippi river.

I am well aware that it takes an expert of the river to accomplish such a task.

Would love to have a conversation about the project, this would be a paid project. Pay would be based on experience and level of involvement.

Timeline: Event would occur next Spring/Summer and planning would begin now.

Please email me: Name / Email / Relevant experience on the Mississippi river.

2. Janek

Janek New Member

Dear Sir,
    We have experience with designing different river vessels which are floating on the big European rivers. Apart from it we like new challenges therefore if you are interested in our support please contact me via mail: janekheise@op.pl

3. duluthwaves

duluthwaves New Member

Thanks Janek

Janek - I really need someone that knows the Mississippi river. Thanks for the reply though.

4. WickedGood

WickedGood Guest

What kind of Event?

What kind of Event?

Movie? Rock Concert? Floating Zoo? a Race?

Are you going to be doing
    Historical Canoe, Mule Barge scenes?
    High Speed Boat Chase Scenes?
    Underwater Filming?
    Demolition?
    High Speed filming from support vessels?

If your going to have passengers onboard you need to hire a US Documented Passenger Vessel that is Built in the USA to comply with the Jones Act with at least one Licenced Master Capt. per vessel.

TWIC Credentials, Towing Endorsement if pushing/pulling a bardge, DOT & OSHA & FSR Compliance, Etc,Etc.

The vessels must be properly outfitted for their appointed task. Safety Equip, Electrobnics, Insurance, Site Management, Logistical Support.

Would like to Speak with me regarding employment as a Marine Coordinator?

I can put all your ducks in a row.

Capt Walt

US Coast Guard Licenced Master Merchart Marine Officer with towing endorsement
    Inland & Coastal Waterways.

Master Maine Guide

EX US NAVY Submarines

WickedGoodOutdoors@Maine.rr.com

[​IMG]