Seeking advice on building casting deck

Discussion in 'Projects & Proposals' started by Adam bruh, Jan 8, 2022.

1. Adam bruh

Adam bruh New Member

Hello all I was just wondering if I can cut the section out in red so I could build a casting deck in the blue section. Any advice or other ideas is appreciated cheers 789C6A77-5F84-496A-A8BE-692AE91DF7B2.jpeg

2. fallguy

fallguy Senior Member

The easy way to do it is to screw a cleat on the dash and go from the bench across with 1/2-3/4 plywood.
    Submit a clean pic and I can explain if needed.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2022
  3. Adam bruh

Adam bruh New Member

73F70346-45B9-4258-A48A-32633964A178.jpeg

4. fallguy

fallguy Senior Member

The blue line is a cleat. One assumes the level line to the next bench back is made. It goes all the way across the old console.

Then screw plywood down to the bench. You can change the chair mounts so they are on swivels...versus bench grabbers.

If the level of the console bottom is above the deck/benchtop edge; a bit more complex; you'd need to fasten a riser(dropper) on back and the cleat to the riser.

Attached Files:

5. fallguy

fallguy Senior Member

You can also hinge each side of the orange and make a wet locker down below. Wet cuz it'll rain into it. Depends where you are. A rainy area would be harder to use as a locker. You'd need to keep it open when not in use.

6. Adam bruh

Adam bruh New Member

Thanks mate

7. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Looking at the hull shape, that will be very unstable. Before putting any work on it, launch the boat and stand on the deck. That is a quick and easy test to determine if the boat is too tippy or not.

mc_rash likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.