seaworthy, bigger i-550... suggestions?

Discussion in 'Sailboats' started by peterchech, Aug 10, 2011.

1. luckystrike

luckystrike Power Kraut

Hello Zolty,

Nice forum feature: "alert" ....

I just found your post in that old thread, where I presented the Coastline Flyer. Are you interested in the design?

During the model making I went on for a new job (a restoration project of a 1928 Gaff Ketch) and I had a friend that asked for a raid-dinghy design, which I did and was built. For the CF6.5 there was no real interest and so it went into oblivion.

I did'nt continued to work on it, but I would not hesitate to pull it out of my archive. At least we can chat about it and see what will happen.

Best Regards, Michel

2. zolty

zolty New Member

I am interested in it :) I even start to make my idea to transfer i550 to length 6.50m but bought house and hadto let it go :)

Now i am trying to get back to it :)

Do you remember the draft of CF6.5

3. luckystrike

luckystrike Power Kraut

Hi Zolty,
    draft would be 1.6m max. but as Iam sailing in the tidal areas of the North Sea Coast, the ability of flat water sailing is important. So, a lifting keel is the solution. I would say fixing the keel at 1.0m draft to allow limited sailing and full up of. 0.35m for drying out on a sandbar. Keelballast is around 200kg and a temporary crane will lift it up.

Have fun, Michel

4. zolty

zolty New Member

That should good:D
    I am more after racing and all boat here on IOM which I will be racing with are around 7-8m long:) that is why I don’t wont to go for shorter boat than 6.5m :)
    Lifting kill would be great specially on runs but not nessesery :) and simmetrical spinaker :D
    Im not bother to sleep on it just need space as a storage for sails :D

5. Bugbear

Bugbear New Member

Time to dig this one up again :). This would be just what I am looking for to build for our myself (and the club). Michel, have you been doing any further work on this? I would have send a direct message to you but it appears that this functionality is either disabled for boatdesign.net or I am too stupid to find it.

6. luckystrike

luckystrike Power Kraut

Hello Bugbear,
    I tried to send you a pn, but I could'nt send it. Maybe because you are new to the forum and must send a number of posts before you are allowed to do it.

7. Bugbear

Bugbear New Member

I guess that must be it. Can you email me at [EMAIL DELETED]?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2023
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.