Seaware Marine Equiment and fastening

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by taniwha, Jul 11, 2013.

1. taniwha

taniwha Senior Member

Does anybody knows this company www.seaware.co.uk Unit 8B, Kernick Industrial Estate Penryn Cornwall, TR10 9EP?

I was trying to order a few thousand screws for a big boat building project. Our yard is in Thailand, as it is pretty urgent I was willing to pay for the DHL/ TNT shipping would have given them a customer number so they would not have to pay and would have made payment immediately from my EU account, the money would have been in their bank today. I was told that they do not ship so far, even when I told them that it is not them but the courrier service that delivers they would just refuse to sell me anything. Hmm sometimes I wonder why Europe is still in an economic crisis. Guess with such a mentality they will stay in it forever.

2. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

It is a private company you are dealing with. Europe has nothing to do with it, nor can enforce someone to sell you something.
    You can also try Osculati: http://www.osculati.com/en/cat/MainCat.aspx?lang=en
    Or Nautimarket: http://www.nautimarketshop.com/shop/en/index.html
    just to make few names I know of. I'm pretty sure they will be happy to sell and ship you whatever you need.
    Cheers

3. taniwha

taniwha Senior Member

the private entreprise is the hart of the economy. If the private is not willing to work/sell then there is nothing any government can do about it. If the Europeans (and I am one) do not change drastically and quickly their mentallity there is no hope in improvement and they can go on strike as much as they want.
    Thanks for the links unfortunately none of them has M4x60 A4 S.S. machine screws which seems "almost" impossible to find.

4. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

Dont know your needs, but Chesapeake Marine Fasteners in Annapolis Maryland..USA... is an old school , family run business, supplying marine fastening to the local boating industry.

You should investigate ...Rick Sadler is the Owner. http://www.chesfast.com/

5. Herman

Herman Senior Member

[Rant back]
    Same story for me wth products from Thailand: Waited 6 months to get some spares for a Thailand produced piece of equipment. After numerous promises finally got spares. Second hand instead of new (I paid for new stuff...), but at least in working condition. No wonder seks labour is the main source of income for kids in Thailand.
    [/Rant back]

I understand your frustration, but what is the purpose of your message except ventilating your frustration? You do not ask for alternatives or experiences.

Keep in mind that exporting out of EC can cause a hassle which many companies are not equiped for. I sometimes deliver to countries like Uzbekistan and the like, and it Always causes me a few trips to the Chamber of Commerce and/or customs. It sometimes just is not worth the effort. I Always first ask for the amount of materials needed, and when too small, I politely refuse the order.

6. taniwha

taniwha Senior Member

You are quite correct sometime you need to ventilate your frustrations being a boating freak it is quite normal to do it on a site with like minded people .
    I actually order the bulk of my parts from the Netherlands and never had any problem there, airfreight and 4 days later it is here, so I guess I committed the sin of generalizing.

7. Herman

Herman Senior Member

No probs my friend. Indeed sometimes doing business can be frustrating. Dutchies usually have no problem sending stuff. Traders from origin.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.