Trolling Motor Primary Propulsion - MK Endura with PWM

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by cahudson42, Dec 10, 2007.

1. cahudson42

cahudson42 Junior Member

Are you interested in using an inexpensive Trolling Motor as primary propulsion?

That is the purpose of this thread - applying a cheap Chinese Scooter PWM Controller to the Minn Kota (MK) Endura 30/34. (and other 'speed coil' MKs)

This initial entry is based on bread boarding and ‘water tank tests’ – my hope is the thread may become much more useful with contributions of experiences by many others.

However, if such a thread/site already exists, please let me know. I don’t want to re-invent the wheel. References greatly appreciated!

The post got sort of lengthy the last week or so - and it most likely contains errors, poorly written confusing parts, and other things that will need fixed or added to. Having 'not so good' experiences in past BB Posts to try to add/fix things - I though I'd post it as a webpage instead, making corrections, reformatting, additions, etc. much easier for me, and also not cluttering up the Forum.

The Post is at:

http://www.cfnet.net/tm

I’d be very interested in your comments, suggestions, corrections, additions, etc..

Rather than email me, I do suggest that adding to this tread is where to put your input so all can benefit from it. As we learn more, I’ll try to get whatever included in the webpage.(s)

Looking forward to your ideas and suggestions!

And my Thanks to the many that have contributed to this topic in the past, particularly John Blazy, whose ‘Calypsee’ project really got me thinking about the topic of Trolling Motor Primary propulsion.

Regards,
    Chris

Zellwood, Florida

12/08/2007

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.