Seasickness

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by brian eiland, Nov 22, 2005.

1. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

They don't roll so well set in concrete on the jetty!

2. Small Wally

Small Wally Junior Member

Comfort Calculator :

Waterline Length of boat (in feet) must be greater than or equal to 1 foot for every year of your age, and then 10.

3. safewalrus

Guess they don't make 'em big enough for me then, cos the Walrus is O-L-D (see you all knew he was a cantankerous old bas****, just ain't tell how much:confused:

4. Wellydeckhand

Wellydeckhand Previous Member

the Walrus is O-L-D (see you all knew he was a cantankerous old bas****, just ain't tell how much:confused:[/QUOTE]

Any chance CANTANKEROUS is the same as CANCERKEROUS? Mmmm.......... A vet for the walrus having continous uncurable false cancerous syndrome please.........:D :D :D .............u can get me back after the vacation ..........:eek: :eek: :eek: .......Chao........:D :D :D

5. kach22i

kach22i Architect

Has anyone read anything new on this topic lately?:)

6. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

dramamine patches ,that go behind the ears,

7. kach22i

kach22i Architect

I see, thanks.

http://www.prevent-motion-sickness-scopolamine.com/
    http://www.druginfonet.com/index.php?pageID=faq/new/DISEASE_FAQ/Sea_Sickness.htm

8. longliner45

yes thats what I meant; my brother got sick almost every trip .if he put one on when we got ready to leave ,he was fine,

9. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Too many chemicals. Try a bowl of porage, a glass of whisky, and avoid yellow paint on ships' interiors. Works wonders. :rolleyes:

10. longliner45

Is yellow paint what is wrong with wallruss?

11. safewalrus

yep 'tis 'is favorite colour (kinda like bile.....or is that green, depends on what ye been drinkin' the night before! :rolleyes:

An talk about nights roll on the end of thias job at the end of the week, 12 hour nights ain't much fun - especially DRY!

"Work 'tis the curse of the drinking classes!" :D

12. Wellydeckhand

When u r seasick....... your eyes are sensitive to light and the wall seem to be moving.......... Bright paint reflect more light. Duff Colour are ease to your sanity.

Dont eat fish or curry and drink whisky.

For getting bad smell that would trigger your bad memory of seasick try to get dry clove and stick it to a orang....... the juice will slowly wet the clove and send a curative aroma to relax u.

Above doesnt work then u are entitle to go to Aceh and pick a bushes of the best green.....:D:D:D

13. Ari

Ari Patience s/o Genius

Welly..that best green might cure the vomitting but it normally will caused.. 'weak knee' syndrome..'don't worry be happy..:)'Visited your picture gallery..quite impressive eh..:)

14. Wellydeckhand

Green in England Wall paper used to contain compound..... if it moist would grow spore of cynite laced kill a person on long term expore...... Napoleon was one of the famous prove during his confine stay.

Green is kind to the eyes...... it strenghten the eye visual power.

For me personally gettin drunk on land and shipped out on the sea to sober is cruel......... wont try again.

Yeh..... pic gallery show iam new at the boat trade....... the guy that work had been in the trade for 30yrs and would not even explore other method....... Hard t teach old dogs new trick (no offense).That's why Boats Design Forum is like a non govt. Relieve Ideas AID to us...... at least educative.

I still trying to calculate the cost of setting a marina to hold max 300 boat?
    in area there are around 20,000 expat famillies(East Kalimantan)..... some put their ship in warehouse or rend land space to stash...... clever one did not bring their to Indonesia.

15. Ari

Ari Patience s/o Genius

Wow..make it double wow..!Do the calculation fast Welly..in this region the concept of built it first..market it later still hold true.Sutera harbour in Sabah is real nice..two more coming up I heard..but none in Kalimantan. Both goverment are pushing hard to develop Borneo :).Those expat should be given the opportunity to indulge in this hobby or way of life.:)Don't worry too much about old dogs..it's the young one should be your concern. Develop and mold them.."their ubun- ubun ( crown of head)is still soft..Don't waste you time trying to bend dried old bamboo.. shape them from the shoot.."Thats a Malay saying translate roughly into English.:D

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.