searay seat design

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by jeff9968, Feb 2, 2007.

1. jeff9968

jeff9968 Jeff

I have a 1984 searay sundancer, the 245, and the back side of the helm seating folds down into two more seats. the inside of the helm seat, once folded down, contains a sort of shelf with circles cut out of it, five on the passenger side, and four larger ones on the drive side. I am curious to know what these are designed to be for. I can't begin to guess. I have attached a photo. anyone that can enlighten me as to the purpose I would greatly appreciate it. thanks for any answers, -Jeff

Attached Files:

• seat.jpg
      seat.jpg
      File size:
      360.7 KB
      Views:
  2. yipster

yipster designer

now you mention it.... its not in the manual... allway's thought of them as cupholders :p

Attached Files:

• anja.jpg
      anja.jpg
      File size:
      63.5 KB
      Views:
  3. Willallison

Willallison Senior Member

In the great American tradition, it is indeed that which no boat can be without.... a bar!
    Though, on my old 270, I kept WD40, grease, polish etc in there......

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.