Vancouver Wooden Boat festival

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by Rod Tait, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Rod Tait

Rod Tait Junior Member

The Vancouver Wooden Boat Society http://www.vancouverwoodenboat.com/ has registration, volunteer opportunities and info available for the Vancouver Wooden Boat Festival at https://vanwoodboatfestival.wordpress.com/ Held on Granville Island in the heart of downtown Vancouver, B.C., the festival draws wooden boats from the pacific northwest. The site is free to the public as it is a prime tourist destination in the city. We will be updating the list of registered boats and exhibits as they come in.

2. Easy Rider

Easy Rider Senior Member

Rod how's the parking?

3. Rod Tait

Rod Tait Junior Member

parking

Parking is free for three hours on the island and pay parking is only around $15 Canadian for the day. But if you stay near, there are water taxis across the bay. Are you think parking for your boat and particiating?

4. Easy Rider

Easy Rider Senior Member

No, the Willard is a FG boat so I had no thoughts of comming w the boat.
    I lived in Vancouver in the 70s and love to visit. Especially a Korean resturant on Denman Place. I lived on Robson.
    Anyway I will probably go to the Port Townsend show but if I miss that one the Vancouver event could fill in.
    Working on the boat now.
    Eric in Concrete

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.